Good Day GSN Family,
As we continue to see the spread of the Coronavirus and as we continue to monitor the recommendations of our federal and local leaders, the Leadership Team at GSN is trying to be wise in our response.
Our desire is to both serve and communicate the love of Christ to our community while also protecting people from the spread of this highly contagious virus. Scripture also teaches us to respect and submit to our governing officials (Romans 13).
We have decided that beginning May 10, 2020 Sunday Morning services will be held using our Drive-In Church format. Utilizing this format, you and your families can drive to church and participate in a live service held in the parking lot. Our motto is "Come as you are, stay in your car!" We can all enjoy live worship music, worship in giving, and hear the Word preached. We can experience it all while still maintaining a safe distance away and staying in our cars. You can tune into radio station 87.9 FM when you arrive at the church to hear the service in the comfort of your car!
We will also continue live-streaming our service. God can still speak, even through the medium of the internet! You can find our Facebook page by clicking HERE.
The church building will be open during Drive in church for restroom access only. Please utilize the main entrance doors only.
Further, ALL meetings and events that were to take place at our church building have been put on hold until further notice.
Please know that this decision is not made in fear, but in wisdom and caution. Remember the scripture - John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. “
A few things to note:
· We encourage you to be faithful in your giving through the Faithlife APP or online through our website. You can use this link – click here. You can also mail your Tithes and Offerings to PO Box 1436 Hermitage PA 16148. We will also safely receive tithes and offerings during Drive-In church services.
· I will be posting videos online for encouragement from the Word of God.
· If you are a person in the high risk category and cannot get out to purchase any needed groceries, supplies, or essentials, please contact the church office at 724-342-7729 during office hours. We will see to it that these items are purchased and someone from our team will deliver to your home. You may also contact me (Pastor Brian) on my cell 412-577-9342.
· PLEASE Note that church office hours are limited. The church building is not open for public access at his time. If you feel that you have left something in the church or need something critical from inside, please call before coming to the church building.
We see this as an opportunity to show the world that the church is not merely a building where we gather on Sundays. The Church is the people of God showing the love of Jesus to the community where we live and to the people that we love.
Thank you for your understanding and we ask that you join us in prayer during this time.
Please pray for:
1. Our leaders locally, nationally and globally in this difficult time.
2. For the spread of this virus to be halted.
3. For those most at risk ("the least of these") that they may be protected physically and economically.
4. For personal opportunities to let the light and hope of Jesus shine through you during this time.
5. For your Pastor, staff, and leaders as we seek to make wise decisions and be used by Jesus during this crisis.
We will continue to update you through email and social media. Please don't hesitate to call or email if we can help you.
I love you all and I love being your Pastor!