GSN is a Bible-believing congregation in the Church of the Nazarene:
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired and relevant Word of God.
- We believe that all people have sinned and need God’s grace and forgiveness which is abundantly available through Jesus’ death on the cross.
- We believe God draws us to Himself but the decision to respond is ours. We believe that an individual must repent and trust Christ to receive forgiveness and eternal life.
- We believe that as Christians we need to offer our whole lives to God (the biblical word for this is 'sanctification'). When we give ourselves to God in this way, His Spirit can fully mold us into Christlikeness; His perfect love is reflected in our attitudes and actions; and God empowers us to live more abundantly.
- We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ, carrying on his purposes in the world.
- We believe that God can bring healing.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is coming again.
- We practice the sacraments of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
Who Are We?
WE ARE SPIRITUALLY ALIVE
We are more than a social gathering, we are the church of the LIVING
God. Faith filled prayer, passionate praise and worship, and strong
Bible preaching will always mark our community.
WE ARE A PEOPLE OF PASSION
Church should be enjoyed not endured. There should be a sound of
laughter, a shout of praise, an AMEN in the room. We bring passion
to every meeting, project, and service.
WE ARE LOYAL TO THE FUTURE
We will honor the past while doing whatever we can to reach the next generation. We
are always looking for an opportunity to empower and release the NEXT and the NEW.
WE ARE ALL IN
Willing to serve, go the extra mile, and do whatever it takes to see
people come to Jesus! We are ALWAYS willing to take the lead,
make the investment, and make the call.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO THIS HOUSE
Jesus is building His church. We will use our gifts, raise our families,
and find community in the House of God.
WE ARE PEOPLE OF FAITH
We lean in to all God has for us, honoring His Word and believing for
more. We are a FAITH FILLED CHURCH. We teach people to believe for and
receive the promises of God.
WE ARE JOYFULLY GENEROUS
God is good and has an amazing life for every one of us. This life does
not happen by taking, it happens by generously giving. Generosity is
our YES back to God. We will never shy away from showing people
that it is "better to give than to receive."
WE ARE A HOUSE OF HONOR
We highly value the people God has brought into our lives. We never
tear people down but lift them up. We believe GOD USES PEOPLE, this
means that we treat people with respect and honor.
Especially those who teach Gods Word.
THE HOLY SPIRIT
The presence of God distinguishes us, comforts us and empowers us.
We believe that the Holy Spirit is still moving in the earth through Spirit filled believers.
We believe that we need His power in our lives to be a witness to the world of God’s amazing love and care for us.
WE ARE a warm and friendly group of people who desire, with God’s help, to live the kind of life that brings honor to Him. We look to the Bible as our primary source for direction in our worship and our lifestyles. We are life-centered in our teaching and sensitive to the needs and concerns of others. We give people the opportunity to put their faith into practice through any number of avenues of service. We are honored to take our place among the many who are called Christians. We laugh and cry together, rejoice and grieve together, grow together and walk in faith together. We aim to be a family for all who love Jesus, the Nazarene.